Gavin John was born May 15th, 2009…weighing in at 6lbs 4oz, and 18 1/2 inches long!
As of today, May 21,2010…weight is 20lbs 8oz, and 28 inches. So he’s a bit small for his age, but nothing to be worried about!
- He LOVES food. Hot dogs, chicken, popcorn, carrots, peas, green beans, teddy graham crackers are some of his favorites.
- He does not like for mama to be out of the room for more that 2 seconds, if that happens the ‘siren’ starts. I’ll record it and eventually allow EVERYONE to enjoy it 😉
- Is a fast crawler and has been crawling since 6 1/2 months.
- Enjoys cruising the room holding onto objects like the couch, table, ottoman.
- Will not stand on his own, he thinks crawling is much better for him.
- Loves to also be carried, as he should because mom enjoys holding her “baby”.
- Wearing 6-12 month clothes, and some 12-18 month. We have actually been able to re-use Big Brothers clothes! Hip hip Hooray for saving some $$$!
- Enjoys playing with his toy bins, and LOVES taking every dvd out of its dvd basket. He’s a pro at making a mess in less than 30 seconds!
- Says “Dada” “Mama” “Hai”
- Can wave bye and hi!
- Can shake his head NO and YES…and tends to be a stinker about saying no to many things. Sense of humor starting at a young age?!
- Loves when he is being talked to by Big Sister. She secretly loves playing with him too 🙂
- He likes petting the cats, Cooper seems to be his favorite and Mac is VERY tolerant of the sometimes rough petting he gets.
- Will sit down and read a story with mom or dad, mostly loves his “Tails” book…which all the kids have enjoyed!
- Likes to go to the park with his neighbor friend Jackson( who is turning 1 June 1st), they are going to be LOTS of trouble for the Dundee Highland teachers 😉
- Still takes 2 naps for us during the day, one at 7:30 and one at 12, both are usually 2 hours long.
He is an absolute joy in our lives and wouldn’t change anything about him…Ok MAYBE the screaming, but only that. He is a very mellow and serious dude, who needs to make sure he’s ok with everyone in the room/area before he smiles or starts to chat. We call him Mr. Junior Senator 🙂 Happy Birthday Bubba, glad to have you around!